Sunday, January 4, 2015

I'm Joining the 52 Weeks Money Challenge!

I read before about the 52 Weeks Money Challenge. Its quite popular in social media groups like TGFI group in facebook - a community group that advocates financial literacy. This challenge is simple (it seemed!). You just need a jar, coin bank, or anything that you want to save your money weekly. The mechanics is you have to decide how much your start up and you have to decide how much the increment per week.


The other day, I asked Bhabha if he would like to do it, the money to be saved should be coming from our monthly allowance. He liked the idea of saving but not the weekly task. He preferred to do it monthly. His reason is we might spend the money for whatever reason and asked why to do it weekly if we could just do it once a month (he could simply say its tedious!). Well, he's quite reasonable. So I agreed.

Just now, i saw the post in TGFI asking the members who would like to join and commit in 52 weeks money challenge. Reading it again, made me ponder. I asked bff google to search what is 52 weeks money challenge again and it gave overwhelming results. But I don't have time to check them all as my time is limited (I have to sleep after 15 mins!... I have 15 minutes left to finish this as well). So just let me give my thoughts on how I look at it.

What i thought is, its not just about the goal of saving. I think, it also aims to beat temptation (temptation to spend), to practice self-discipline (Oh I'm so weak to this!), determination, commitment/eagerness and to be consistent. Hmm.... yeah... as Bhabha said, to do it monthly is practical.... but its not challenging at all!

So I decided to join the 52 weeks money challenge! I have a jar here but I'm afraid to use it as it is easy to open (I'm afraid.. Bhabha might make "kupit-kupit" no! hahaha!). Tomorrow, I'll be more creative. watch out for it! Tomorrow I will decide how much my start up and the weekly increment. Ayieeee I'm excited!

For now, I have to sleep! Goodnight and God Bless!

(Signing out)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments :D