Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wedding Suppliers

***R E C E P T I O N / V E N U E***



Rosemont Garden Tagaytay
General Aguinaldo Highway (Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway) Laurel Batangas
Contact: Karla Santos: inquiry@rosemontgardens.net
Mobile/Tel No.: (02)348-0116; (0917)8527528 (Globe); (0922)8680116 (Sun)
Website: www.rosemontgardens.net



When I first saw the pictures of Rosemont, I fell in love with it. It's simple yet cozy and elegant and I can feel that my dream garden wedding will be come true if we will celebrate it there. Though, I have to sacrifice our DP in our venue in Quezon Province and adjusted our wedding date to jive with the availability of my chosen caterer.


Tagaytay is actually my first choice but we just didnt pursue because the places that I inquired were way way far from our budget. So we concentrated in Quezon, where I came from. I just knew Rosemont when I joined the e-group of W@W or weddingatworks- an online wedding community in the Philippines. Thanks to W@W.


TIP: Reception (and church too if applicable) must be the first to be booked before anything else. Why? Because the rest will depend on this and others might cost you extra bucks like OOT fee and corkage fee! Dont forget to ask if there's a corkage fee if you would like to bring in your preferred suppliers which might not be on their accredit list!


Thanks GOD.. no corkage fee for Rosemont! :D

***H A I R   A N D  M A K E U P***


Mariah Santos Professional Makeup
HMUA: Mariah Santos
Email: mariahsantos23@gmail.com



Mariah is recommended by sis Rowena. When I saw her before-after works in FB.. I was amazed of her ala "magic wand" makeover! And I said... I will surely get her for my wedding! But a pause... though her price is almost similar from the others.. she became pricey because of OOT when our wedding location is still in Quezon. So God is good, I can afford her now! lolz!

I'm not into make up but for my Big day.. I should be irresistible to look at! (I'm trying! hehehe) Khitz is teasing me that he can do it instead so I'll be beautiful in his eyes no matter what.. hahahah!

SIDE LESSON: I dont know much about make up.. so to airhbrush. When I first heard it? "HUUUHH??? Ano un?? (Inosenteng ignoranteng reaction!) so BFF to the rescue!

According to Google/Wiki, airbrush is makeup sprayed onto skin using an airbrush instead of being applied with sponges, brushes, fingers, or other methods. (click here for more info)



(Grabbed from Wiki)


TIP: If you have a fair face (as in walang bakas ng kahapon ng tagihawat.. pero kung sa ilong lang naman meron... carry na rin! hehehe) and not so sensitive skin.. go for traditional make up coz it's a lot cheaper than airbrush! Don't always go to the "famous" name, try to search and search (join W@W for your convenience... plugging?? hahahah!) for HMUA that can make you equally beautiful but affordable. But if you are desperate to be looked stunning on your Big day (eherm... ouch!), airbrush make up is the answer. Save some so you can afford it.


Thanks God I have one year to save for it!



***C A T E R E R***

Passion Cooks
Contact: Maja Martinez- Angeles
Email: events@passioncooks.co.cc
Website: www.passioncooks.multiply.com



One afternoon after work but still in the office, I am browsing the net, looking for wedding suppliers, Wilma visited me on my station (radio? hindi! hahaha!) And because she just got married early this year, I asked her if she could suggest suppliers she had on her wedding. Unfortunately, she did not recommend anyone of them! hahahah! Bad girl! But she name a few and I searched them over facebook. One of them is Passion Cooks. When I saw their account, I was catched by their about stat "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him - Colossians 3:17" I dont know but it makes me happy to read that. And when I checked their photos..... wow... undeniably amazing. I can say that it's extra ordinary from others. Wilma even said that they preferred them to be their caterer but due to some reasons, she regretted that it didn't worked out. So I inquired... and oppppppssie! They are not available on our first date! But asked if we have alternative date in mind (this is kinda an optimistic strategy for a business to get a client, and that's good!). So I tried to choose alternative date and at the same time, asked our first venue/reception if we could get an outsider caterer.... oppppsie again! Not allowed... it broke my heart. I felt so limited.... plus I'm having a stress on thinking how will I accommodate our guests from North and Manila especially bhabha's family on our wedding day. They could not come on the same day because its too far so I have to book an accommodation at least a day before the event! Wish I have a mansion to accommodate them all! Lolz! Everyday I have these thoughts... until I found Rosemont Garden in Tagaytay. So crossing my fingers, I communicate with them through email whilst praying that our optional date will be both open to them. God is good, because they are! But I took a pause.. consult with habibi and keep on praying. I asked bhabha... is this a sign that I need to change our reception and wedding day? As usual, no problemo on his side.. but he said.. think about it before I decide and be firm to it.. dont be so fickle minded! hahahah! So I think, and prayed and prayed. Until one Thursday night while discussing it with bha.. until we finished, I can't sleep! As in I can't sleeeeep! I asked bha if we can do the changes and email them the confirmation. As soon as he nod, I emailed them both and confirmed our booking! ... and I slept. :P





TIP: When booking the venue, try to know if they have a wedding package including catering and arrangement, it is usually the best way to save. But remember, what you serve on the table are usually prone to guests good or bad feedbacks about your wedding . So dont compromise your food as well.


***V I D E O G R A P H E R***


AISLE1401
Email: aisle1401@gmail.com
Website: www.aisle1401.com




A W@W find. I inquired before but they were not available in our first date. So scratched them on my list. When we changed our date and our place, I started to hunt for Vid supplier again. I searched on W@W forum for vid supplier recommendation and AISLE1401 is one the lists of previous W@W brides. So I visited their website again (I already forgot them).. so for me its another new find. They have a PROMO (of FREE SAVE THE DATE) tab on their site so I inquired for the rate and their availability on our wedding date. Anna quickly replied, fortunately she's still awake at that time coz I guess its already 12:00 am here and 5:00am in Pinas. I found their rates reasonable and within our budget. I forwarded it to Bha and asked him to check the website if its ok for him. He's the one who recognized that we already saw it before. I tried to recall.. and I can't recall it! hehehe! But when I searched their emails on my inbox, I saw that I inquired from them before. So I shared it with Anna and told her that I guess, they are really meant to be our Vid supplier. :)





TIP: Video is one of the investment that will be with you after the wedding. There are lot of P/V suppliers out there who are affordable but with quality. Again... search.. search.. search... and wait for their promo! hehehe!

***P H O T O G R A P H E R***


Camzar Photography
Email: cams_love@yahoo.com
Website: www.camzarphoto.com



Three months ago when I inquired with Camzar for photo services. Camzar is one of my toplist but I cant just book them due to budget issues. There are lots of photographers with different editing styles, Camzar focus on modern wedding and travel wedding, a husband and wife tandem. What I like about their photos, you can clearly see their subject.. ako kc the first thing I want to see in the picture is myself.. adik lang! hahaha!

The question is how we able to booked them?  Its a secret between me and Camille! hihihi!! God is good coz though we havent meet yet, I feel so comfortable communicating with Camille, easy to talk with, very friendly, she even willing to extend her help in wed preps ideas kahit hindi namin sila i-book. So God is good again for giving us the ways and means in able to get them and be part of our wedding. And I feel that having them will be a great ease. Eggsayted to meet them very soon for prenup shoots!

So happy that we did not overbudget with P/V. Sakto lang! wiiiih!


***C O U T  U R I E R***



***S H O E S***


Facebook (click here)

A W@W find. Someone's posted on the forum for help in wedding shoes. I have no intention to have a customized shoes as my plan is to buy RTW. Til I read good reviews and ratings about perfect match so I got curious and searched them on facebook (FB is 2nd to google when you want to find a person!). Their works based on their photos are awesome. I sent an inquiry to know the price. Ms. Mari is very attentive to reply. Their price is actually bit higher or the same on retail price but to have a customized design is a plus. I sent her my peg and I think what she quoted is just ok to the design. To make it short, I decided to have a customised one... and I'm egggsaayted! :P





TIP: Not only make up can make you beautiful.. shoes can do it too! Having an uncomfy pair will spoil your day! So choose that will make you comfortable all through out the event!


***O T D  C O O R D I N A T O R***

TO BE CONFIRMED





***F L O W E R S***

TO BE CONFIRMED





***L I G H T S  A N D  S O U N D S***

TO BE CONFIRMED




***I N V I T A T I O N S***

TO BE CONFIRMED




***S O U V E N I R S***

TO BE CONFIRMED



***C A K E***

TO BE CONFIRMED




***P A R A P H E R N A L I A***

TO BE CONFIRMED




***P H O T O B O O T H
***

TO BE CONFIRMED





***S I N G E R***

TO BE CONFIRMED

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I would like to know how much you spent on passion cooks the catering services and the upgraded styles. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love these tips and tricks for wedding planning. Thanks a ton for this brilliant share. Keep posting such ideas here. We also would be starting the preparations for our DIY reception party so your tips for finding right location would definitely help us locate the budget friendly and most suitable event space San Francisco as per our theme.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments :D