Monday, January 19, 2015

Stocks Outside the Box

I started investing in stocks with Trulyrich Club SAM table and using it until  now. But I have two stocks outside the box of SAM to satisfy my curiosity and to test what I have learned so far.

First is the FPH. I have this since day 1 of my account. Well, it was on SAM table before but been booted out from the list (I can't remember why). When I knew it, its too late to sell. It fell down (up to -20%!) so low but instead of selling it, I kept it and continued to buy. I'm a long term investor anyway. (choss!)

For two years of holding it, it is gradually going up from pit of darkness. (lol). Its like sleeping beauty... my investment is sleeping for a long time now but I'm believing that somehow I will reap its fruits... abundantly. If I will add no more to this and wait for its target price of 141.80 to hit, I will have 59% gain! Sounds sweet and  I hope to harvest this year. (I'm not forecasting. not good at it (ok fine, I don't know how to do that yet)... I'm praying!)


Second stock is MAXS which I just bought last December with its IPO price of 17.75. I'm curious with the IPO thing, how it works, how risky it is.. blah blah blah. There were some companies who offered IPO but I'm not familiar with them so I didn't take the risk. But when I saw MAXS... I got interested. My basis? I eat at Maxs restaurant, my sister and her kids too. I tried to read their prospectus but its not available on non-Philippine resident. But I learned that this company has other franchised businesses like Yellow Cab ( I eat pizza from Yellow CAB), Krispy Kreme (I love their donuts!) and more. So I decided to try and requested 1400 shares but only 200 shares approved.

As of today, MAXS is at 28.5 price, it jumped at 59.11% from its IPO price! If my initial requested shares been approved, I should have 15K gained! Whew! But its not.. I have only 200 shares.. SAKLAP!




I learned two from these two stocks. FPH taught me how to be more patient and MAXS taught me not to be greedy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments :D