Monday, December 29, 2014

Im on the... TOP OF THE WORLD!

We've been invited in Michy and Ann's place for Christmas lunch last December 25. Of course, as usual, I brought ice cream (this is my trademark) as my pot luck. As usual again, we were late... just an hour. :D
It's normal to Mafia's party to have karaoke. (it's like... uhmm...  dry without it). What is not normal is when you see me holding the microphone because I am hiding my golden voice and its very rare for me to sing a long especially if there's a lot of  visitors. I don't want to be discovered! Hahahaha! (You know why I laughed if you already heard me singing). I sing only if few (as in few) people around.



That time, the Mediacom has no scoring after the song is finished. For me, there's no thrill if there's no score. It adds motivation and appetite to sing more if you get high score, or challenge you or the other singers when you or others get low.  So I asked Ann and Michy to "on" the scoring, just for fun. Around 4pm when some of the mafias started to wave  their hands and bid their goodbyes. I thought, ok we're going to leave at five. While waiting for the time, they decided to let everyone sing. That's fine since it will be the first and last song for me. Of course, I picked my all time favourite TOP OF THE WORLD by The Carpenters.
If you don't know the song, here it goes:


Such a feelin's comin' over me
There is wonder in 'most ev'ry thing I see
Not a cloud in the sky, got the sun in my eyes
And I won't be surprised if it's a dream

Everything I want the world to be
Is now comin' true especially for me
And the reason is clear, it's because you are here
You're the nearest thing to heaven that I've seen

I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world

Somethin' in the wind has learned my name
And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
In the leaves on the trees and the touch of the breeze
There's a pleasin' sense of happiness for me

There is only one wish on my mind
When this day is through I hope that I will find
That tomorrow will be just the same for you and me
All I need will be mine if you are here

I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world

I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world
Songwriters: CARPENTER, RICHARD LYNN / BETTIS, JOHN


And so I sang... effortless! (BTW, I don't need to exert effort.. its useless! Nothing will change on my voice... still on the 4th type.... SINTUNADO (out of tune)!). Drum roll..... my score is...... 100%!! HUWAAAAAAT! Well, everyone was surprised! What the heck is happening?! Surely, something is wrong with Mediacom! Hahahahah!  We can't get over with it. I left them in bewildered state.


The next day I asked them who beat my record... unfortunately, no one.


In this scenario, we could say that there's really something wrong with Mediacom. That it gives score randomly, that it didn't really consider the voice, whether the singer is out of tune or voice belter. But it made me think again... I am God's favourite! It made me  think how God qualified the unqualified. In  human eyes its unfair and biased. Why? Because our standard is based on one's capability and on the amount of effort. Human gives grade according to the level of competence, skills, talents and experiences. But not with God. There were many instances in my life where God gave me a lot of favour that's why I claimed I am God's favourite!


Is there something wrong with God (just like Mediacom) whenever He gives grace (the unmerited favour) to the unworthy ones (just like me). Of course not! First, He is God, we cannot question His sovereignty. Second, He explained it on Romans 9:15-16. Third, God gives grace out of His love... how could it be wrong?


Just like the song is saying... God's love put us at the TOP OF THE WORLD. :)


 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments :D