Friday, September 2, 2011

Product of Eid Mubarak - Recycled Old Trolley into Laptop Table and Bookshelf

Surely everyone is happy because of long Eid holiday. I will not explain what is Eid holiday... Google knows it. :P Some went out of town, mostly on the beach/resort. Some took the chance to be like "Dora the Explorer" by crossing the border. But me, I chose to be KJ and did not go anywhere. My original plan is to do my technical paper, but I guess I need more push to do that. 'Am not sure what and how to start.... my scratch is still plain and clean till now. :P

 Yesterday, I was left alone here in our room, so I decided to do my long time ago mission in our balcony: that is to clean and make some space for our clothes' hanging rod. I threw all the dusty things that been stocked there except for one. I found this rusty trolley:


Rusty frames
Cleaned  Food Trolley


Broken glass

I supposed to throw it as well because... obviously its not good to put it inside the room. But.. but... but... I have an idea. I just need to go out and buy a AED2.50 glue stick.
2009 food mag, scissors and glue stick
I decided to wrap it with old magazine (good thing I have one!).
Screenshot of first part
When I finished the first part, I realized it's not easy as it seemed! It's very tedious! So patiently... while watching "Eat Bulaga, Amaya and Munting Heredera" in http://www.pinoy-ako.info/ (thanks God, they are all youtube format!) through iphone. After 6 hours, I finished wrapping the frames. I thought something else for the broken glass. Good thing again, I have an extra box under my bed ( I took it from our office, I use it as shoe box.. hihihihi!). I cut it and used as base/frame of the accent.
Empty box from our office :P
Dyaaraaan! here's the finished product!

Finished product
First level
2nd Level
3rd Level
Coins as accent
What's this?? See the pic below...
My new collection... Recycled WRApPAHMAG Multi-use Trolley!
I maybe dont have pics of any escapades to post in FB like many did but I can say that my Eid did not go in vain! :D

Eid Mubarak!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments :D